CEO: Maurice Malka, Eng., MBA II curriculum, Adv. Bell Systems Training, Founder of TSI Companies. Senior Grid Architect integrating Energy and Telecom Solutions. Entrepreneur, founder of TSI® – Telecom Services International Companies (Canada, 1981, USA 1985, Switzerland 1996) performing EPC for governments and large enterprises in Canada, the USA and Europe. Maurice brings his vision as an entrepreneur, experienced operator and strategic planner & developer, with over 45 years of experience in developments for grid operators and large subscriber systems and organization development in the Americas and Europe. He optimized allocations of benefits between large subscribers.
Noteworthy accomplishments at:
- CTO for Bell Canada (10 years), managed Bell Northern Research’s R&D in central office equipment: digital switches, power, renewable energy management, batteries, uninterruptible power supply.
- Developed resilient systems for small remote villages/municipalities in the Far North controlled by satellite for Bell Canada Enterprise.
- Created a Task Force of Marketing, Engineering and Plant functions from each Provincial Telco; surveyed all Telcos for improved services; and restructured the 10 Telcos in Canada (Telecom Canada) to provide national data services to large telecommunications networks.
Telecom Services International companies
- Co-authored the Peat-Marwick’s Report on long-distance telecom competition policy in Canada and provincial utilities.
- Restructured CallNet (a value-added reseller) as a temporary legal sharing group, ShareNet, approved by the CRTC. Sharing group members then made representations to the Canadian Government to be allowed to operate as a reseller instead of a sharing group. Open telecom competition was granted and CallNet Enterprise was created (replacing ShareNet) and later became the joint-venture SPRINT Canada.
- Managed collaborative research and development activities and collaboration between technologies, investment, and supporting partners and suppliers for BCE and TSI®.
- Developed standardized, reliable electronic systems for the government offices of the Ontario Ministry of Communications; optimized the multimedia network for the Government of Quebec.
- Negotiated a solution between Miami-Dade College and Bell South for a more resilient telecom network & remote education capabilities.
- Prepared strategic plans for France Telecom to enter telecom markets in Spain as Uni2 and Italy as WIND; contributed to Free Telecom’s launch of triple-play services.
- Applied for a license as alternative infrastructure provider in France to the Autorité de Regulation des Telecoms (ART). Financing was not easy to secure for a foreign company in France.
- Performed the due Diligence of a VoIP supplier in Europe saved 27 M€ proving errors, Client annulled letter of intent.
TSI Services Management Inc.
- Designed R&D projects to test Blinkless® site controller as a “power router” for storage-augmented cost-effective power microgrid for large distributed users and exporting very fast stabilization of grid resilient service, self-healing the utility station Grid and coordinated with automation monitoring & control (eSCADA).
- Analysed the US Marketplace for distributed energy storage solutions that stabilize the Grid.
- Prepared the TSI-eco business plan and strategy in collaboration with all team members.
VP Operations and Senior Research Consultant: Constance Herrera, B.Sc., MPA
Training: Major in Physics (McGill University, Canada), Master in Public Administration
Ecole nationale d’administration publique – ENAP, Canada, PhD studies (ENAP).
VP Operations and co-founder of TSI Services Management Inc. (Canada, 2012).
Senior policy analyst and consultant in the following areas of expertise:
- Design of business intelligence / performance indicators systems;
- Program monitoring & evaluation: study design, data collection & analysis, reporting
- Water, Energy and Environmental policies and regulation in both developed and emerging States; and
- Municipal administration including integrated urban renewal initiatives & water conservation programs.
University lecturer and trainer to over 600 master level students, civil service managers, professionals and technical staff since 2004, in French, English and Spanish.
Close to 19 years of multidisciplinary experience in the scientific, business and government sectors of the Americas, Europe, Africa and Asia. Clients from all levels of Canadian and Quebec governments, including the Canadian Space Agency, Québec Wildlife Foundation, City of Montréal and capacity building project with the World Bank Institute and partner NGOs for water utility managers in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Doctoral research at École nationale d’administration publique – Univ. du Québec on public utilities policy and regulation, water and sanitation services management, water conservation programs, standardization of cost and service indicators, and public-public contracting.
Zidane Nekmouche, principal of TSI-Zinek Ltd and the Coordinator of the Power & Energy eXchange -PEX Projects and TSI-eco’s associate in for Europe. After Préparation aux Grandes Écoles des Arts & Métiers in Paris, he studied a MSc -Computer Science “Teknisk Fysik Civilingenjör”, at Uppsala U. After 30 years IT&Telecom business (SW dev, Product Marketing Mgmt, Business Dev, Corporate Mgmt and CEO);
In the last 5 years, Zinek.se has been involved in innovative Cleantech innovations mainly with TSI-eco: Waste Information System (WIS) with Sunrise Ltd, Ireland;Ocean Deep water desalination and OTEC innovation with TSI; Power Energy eXchange -PEX* whose project started in the USA and Canada. Now, our Canadian Electric Grid Innovators (CEGI) Consortium finds partners in Europe.
His experience is:
1977-1981, He is working in the IT&Telecom business since 1982 till today, as follows:
1982-1984, database consultant, main developers in a large project to develop the tickets system for metro and bus at “Stockholm Lokaltrafik” (SL). System is still in use.
1984-1987, Sr. System Analyst & Software Developer Prime Computer AB, developed an X.25 comm. system enabling customers to share their drawings within larger construction projects in Stockholm.
1987-1991, as Unix Product Marketing Manager at Prime ComputerVision AB, he was leading projects for training the sales department and introducing Unix products in Sweden.
1991-1996, as Key Account Manager at Excosoft AB, he was leading development and deliveries to larger customers such as Ericsson, ABB, Volvo and Saab. e.g Ericsson used Excosoft’s structure editor (SGML/XML) and configuration Management System for technical documents (project managers, SW & HW designers/developers/QA and customers) produced by 20,000 engineers worldwide for the development of GSM from 2G to 4G Releases (infrastructure base stations).
1996-1999, as Product Manager for a Configuration System at Excosoft, he was managing the development and market launch of new products for the Configuration Management Systems.
1999-2001, as Manager of Knowledge Architects Team at Sweco Position AB, he was leading GIS and Web development projects: e.g. Yellow Pages and the Portal of Stockholm regional development (RUFS) plans enabling interactivity between citizens and politicians.
2001-2002, as Key Account Manager at Hotsip AB, he sold and managed the delivery to France Telecom of the first trial of SIP-based communication system with Presence, Voice and Chat features for mobile2mobile and PC2mobile communications, before Skype or Whatsapp.
2002-present, founder & CEO/CTO Zinek AB, he managed the development of interactive messaging systems: Meet You Messaging: interactive TV with SMS, MMS and videos
Messaging eXchange (MeX) for Mobile Banking, Mobile Payments and SMS/MMS gateways for B2C.